advertisement
from the who knows department...
GE D11 Steam Turbine Control
Power generation equipment control. topic
Posted by Perry Ellis on 21 August, 2013 - 7:15 am
First post so please go easy on me. Can someone give me a better explanation of GE IV reference. The way I understand it is that once a negative load command is given, the turbine should begin to unload. Eventually the turbine will go to reverse flow and the IV control valves will be supplying the turbine with steam. During this ramp down I noticed IV reference (and IV control valves) swinging pretty bad. I assume its because of reheat pressure swings. At any rate, I thought at a negative load reference the IV control valves would close off in order to take unit off line regardless of Reheat pressure. It seems that reheat pressure being low is driving IV reference to 100% and this is keep turbine online even with a negative load reference.

Your use of this site is subject to the terms and conditions set forth under Legal Notices and the Privacy Policy. Please read those terms and conditions carefully. Subject to the rights expressly reserved to others under Legal Notices, the content of this site and the compilation thereof is © 1999-2014 Nerds in Control, LLC. All rights reserved.

Users of this site are benefiting from open source technologies, including PHP, MySQL and Apache. Be happy. This page served by Yesod4.

Fortune
In the first place, God made idiots; this was for practice; then he made
school boards.
-- Mark Twain
Advertise here
Advertisement
our advertisers
Help keep our servers running...
Patronize our advertisers!
Visit our Post Archive